I can't even pay attention to the modern NFL anymore. I was out doing DoorDash yesterday, and I delivered to a Steeler and Penn State fan who said that their happiness hinged on the Steelers winning (they may have been sort of kidding, but who knows). It's also sad that anyone would root for Pedo State anymore after what happened.
A 49ers fan in Wisconsin said it best when he was ranting about that a normal person under Josh Jacobs' charges would be in jail and headed to prison for felonies. (He's right.)
That basically EVERYTHING in that state revolves around the Packers. (He's right on that too.)
Now take and multiply that by 409 and the number of kids diddled by Jerry Sandusky and elite Penn State donors.
Brian Tuohy (author of The Fix is In and The Fix is Still in) lives in Wisconsin, and he says the same thing (that everything there revolves around their football team). He can't stand the Packers.
It is disturbing to think of how many football cultists there are out there.
I used to recall going to Green Bay to see Debbie Gibson in Funny Girl, and EVERYTHING had the Packers logo on it -- possibly with the exception of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
I also recall the year the Twins were actually in the World Series (1991), and there were literally nightly near-riots at the Eau Claire campus with Wisconsin fans chanting for Twins fans to leave the state.
That's right. I didn't know that this was your other account.
Also, the incident in 1991 that you talk about was disturbing. What's weird is that the Twins played a team that year in the WS that used to be in Milwaukee. Did that have something to do with it?
I can't even pay attention to the modern NFL anymore. I was out doing DoorDash yesterday, and I delivered to a Steeler and Penn State fan who said that their happiness hinged on the Steelers winning (they may have been sort of kidding, but who knows). It's also sad that anyone would root for Pedo State anymore after what happened.
ReplyDeleteA 49ers fan in Wisconsin said it best when he was ranting about that a normal person under Josh Jacobs' charges would be in jail and headed to prison for felonies. (He's right.)
ReplyDeleteThat basically EVERYTHING in that state revolves around the Packers. (He's right on that too.)
Now take and multiply that by 409 and the number of kids diddled by Jerry Sandusky and elite Penn State donors.
Brian Tuohy (author of The Fix is In and The Fix is Still in) lives in Wisconsin, and he says the same thing (that everything there revolves around their football team). He can't stand the Packers.
DeleteIt is disturbing to think of how many football cultists there are out there.
I used to live in Wisconsin.
DeleteI KNOW this to be true.
I used to recall going to Green Bay to see Debbie Gibson in Funny Girl, and EVERYTHING had the Packers logo on it -- possibly with the exception of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
I also recall the year the Twins were actually in the World Series (1991), and there were literally nightly near-riots at the Eau Claire campus with Wisconsin fans chanting for Twins fans to leave the state.
No joke.
That's right. I didn't know that this was your other account.
DeleteAlso, the incident in 1991 that you talk about was disturbing. What's weird is that the Twins played a team that year in the WS that used to be in Milwaukee. Did that have something to do with it?
Yeah, oops. Last time I cleared cookies, I ended up on the wrong account.
DeleteNo, it didn't have anything to do with the Braves being the former Milwaukee Braves. It just got, let's say... Interesting at ol' UW-EC.