I think I might've seen the most ridiculous fine.
It will be announced on Saturday and I probably will put it on the list, but I found out about it today and, well... this one's anal.
- San Francisco: Kyle Juszczyk becomes the first known TWO-TIME LOSER. He got just over $20,000 last week for a helmet foul. This week, he's fined $14,926 under the "illegal celebration" rule.
This one had better get appealed and reversed. Juszczyk's nickname is "Juice", so, when he scored a third quarter touchdown, he mimicked opening juice and chugging it --as he apparently has for a long time.
The NFL fined him because they saw the action as a chugging of beer, and declared that offensive and outside the sportsmanship parameters of the league...
....
....
A league which has been married to beer and other alcoholic beverages since TIME FUCKING IMMEMORIAL!!!
Now, if you HAVE changed the rules to "Basically anything other than handing the ball to the ref is 15", fine. Blame the culture of the game for having had to, but there are indications that it is getting there. One of the taunting fouls in either a college or pro game earlier in the season was for the player declaration he had achieved a first down -- USUALLY that's not covered unless it's in the face of another player.
Juszczyk claims he doesn't even DRINK beer!! So the only thing I can think of -- and it would be long overdue if it actually were the case, is the "Basically anything other than handing the ball to the ref is 15" Principle.
The league has tried this before -- back in the days of the sack dances and all of that. So it's POSSIBLE. Not likely, but possible. This one, however, has gotta come back unless there's more to this than has been reported.
No comments:
Post a Comment