(I'm going to split this into two posts. It's going to be WAY TOO FREAKING LONG otherwise. A number of X embeds is going into the two posts. Forewarned now.)
Well, you remember what I said Thursday Night about Green Bay?
Not only is Green Bay spared the gold, Green Bay (AND THE ENTIRE NFL) is being spared ALL THREE MEDALS.
Obviously, we will still "honor" Green Bay and NFL teams with nominations. Short of murder, and it's pretty much going to take that now...
Hell, I'm not even sure after yesterday that Green Bay finishes FOURTH on the list!!!
So, first off, nominees from the NFL:
Green Bay Packers. Don't need to rehash, you can probably go two pages back from this to have me rant about Thursday night.
New England Patriots. Turn out the lights, the honeymoon is OVER for the AFC champs. On a week, so far, with only three games finishing outside one score (Monday night pending), you go to Jacksonville, a 1-1 team not showing that much...
And you lose THIRTY-FIVE TO SIX.
That, probably, is second to Green Bay for on-field ineptitude.
Who or whatever in the league or Jaguars told Trevor Lawrence to do THIS...
This won’t get talked about because they won easily but this is one of the most bizarre game management mistakes in recent NFL history. Did someone tell him to do this?
— Ryan Paganetti (@RyanPaganetti) September 27, 2026
Over 8 minutes left! pic.twitter.com/0l4gmXnGWH
That was on SOMEBODY'S orders. There are a number of these incidents popping up, and I'm not even nominating Lawrence here. But this is one of the more egregious ones I've seen.
EDIT TO ADD MONDAY NOON: Fanatics Sportsbook is refunding (in credits) all bets on Lawrence scoring a touchdown in the game.
Either the NFL rulebook itself or the general understanding of same via NFL fans. I am going to present two plays in this nomination. See the two things they had in common. The X posts will mention one of the two things.
This was flagged for roughing the passer
— Trizzy Trace (@tracegirouard48) September 27, 2026
I swear we’re learning new rules every week pic.twitter.com/JxP4yPJWWU
In what world is this roughing the passer? Does not hit to the head or neck area, and makes the best attempt to not land on him with his full body weight.
— Rate the Refs (@Rate_the_Refs) September 27, 2026
Mahomes and the Chiefs draw the penalty... pic.twitter.com/xvkAG2Irh3
Both are correct calls. Both will almost certainly be fined on Saturday. I get it, Mahomes gets the flags, etc. in the second case. Facts are facts: The Clay Matthews Rule remains a problem -- either for the NFL, or the general understanding of the game and rules among fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment