Thursday, September 17, 2026

Time to amend my Dud of the Week List for Week 1.

Nope, we have a new winner.

And since I've already awarded the medals, this gets the DIAMOND MEDAL -- above gold.

And it deserves it too.

The winner?

The NFL itself!

For complete ignorance of the laws of this nation and the resultant abuse of the YouTube copyright system.

Why?


This is what shitposter UrinatingTree had to do to get a Week 1 Sportsball commentary piece out this week, after a number of attempts yesterday ended in NFL copyright takedowns to refuse monetization of the video.


Don't get me wrong.  I am certain UrinatingTree is getting targeted here.

After all, he's talked so much shit about the Steelers that, without even Tweeting them directly, they blocked him.

And before anyone questions it, here's the Fair Use Index from the US Copyright Office themselves.  Unless they want to declare all game content to be damaging to the monetary interests of the NFL, this qualifies under Fair Use.

The NFL does not want their games shitposted, even by someone as skilled as the Yinzer.

So what happens next?  Do the game streams of commentary from the likes of UrinatingTree and Tom Grossi get yoinked?  After all, the disclaimer on all the other sports is "pictures AND accounts"!

Assholes.

1 comment:

  1. JAFTW said that You Tube is the LOLCOW of the week. And, I said that the NFL was, and I sent a link to this post.

    ReplyDelete