Wednesday, October 7, 2026

MLB: Someone explain this, please???

And the owners want a cap...

So when a number of anonymous people are asked by ESPN the possible impact of the playoffs on a lockout, etc., they were then asked about what would happen if, in the counterexample to the Dodgers, the Brewers and Rays, two smaller-market teams who have never won the Series before, made the World Series.

(Both are the #1 seeds in their leagues.)

This is what an unnamed NL executive said this.  To which I ask:  "Then why do those teams exist if you believe THAT bullshit?"
"I don't think people want Rays-Brewers for reasons beyond the lockout; they are just bad markets and not especially appealing to casual baseball fans. I think you can contort any matchup to help sell an argument. I don't think it really matters unless the Dodgers win again and everybody can pile on."


No comments:

Post a Comment