The Washington-Indianapolis game in London this morning basically blew out when Marcus Mariota got injured.
But that's not what has social media up in arms.
This is. And JJ Watt (12 years in the league as a defensive end) had to get on to try to explain the distinction between this and two body-weight Roughing the Passer calls from last week:
Picture Perfect. Teach Tape. Not late, helmet to the side, hit him in the chest, brace the fall with arms so you don’t get the dreaded “body weight” flag. Perfection.
— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) October 4, 2026
I get the complaints. I actually do. More than a few people, with some cause, might actually want to ask what the distinction is.
The NFL provides this in the form of a video. The hit is not declared "punishing" because of all the things Watt speaks of in his crediting of the hit.
When I try to talk about the rigging of the game, THIS is why I ask for video. It's close. It's DAMN close. But it's not a foul.
No comments:
Post a Comment