The #NFLBoycott was, as far as the NFL is concerned, the main reason ratings are down.
(Even if it's not accurate...)
Because, by a unanimous vote of the owners (those choosing to vote -- Jed York of the 49ers abstained, at minimum) today, the NFL has just made the practice of kneeling or any other protest on the field during the National Anthem illegal.
Players (and other team officials) now have but two options:
- If they remain on the field, the should "stand and show respect" which was in the rules has now, as the White Right has demanded, been replaced by MUST "stand and show respect" during the National Anthem.
- But it is their option to leave the field, should they so elect.
As a number of media outlets have reported already, this raises a number of red flags:
- On occasion, a "game time decision" injury will need last-minute evaluation and treatment during the National Anthem and other pre-game events. This will now force players and teams to probably have to explain why any player has left the field.
- Will players who leave the field, especially visiting players, be subject to harassment (or worse!!!) for doing so?
- The NFL never consulted with the NFLPA on this process.
THESE RIGHT-WING MOTHERFUCKERS WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL MOST OF THE BLACK ATHLETES ARE SHOT, DRAWN, AND QUARTERED.
There, I said it. Come at me.
I recall one of the last Twitter messages I believe I responded to before the White Right had my account softlocked last October.
It was a White Right idiot claiming that a significant fraction (I believe it was over half.) of the players in the league were felons.
Nothing is going to satisfy these pieces of shit until their bloodlust is literally satisfied -- and many Blacks are taken to the 50 yard-line at halftime and...
You can figure out the rest.